Monday, August 16, 2010

DATELINE: Budva, Montenegro    

Author: Andy      

Today's Balkan T-shirt hits: "Wild Eyes HUNGRY TO ROAM", "Disaster Zone Canoe Team" and my favorite: "Greenwood Village New York". Last night we noticed to many of these there's a formula. It goes something like this: [Non-Sequitor Phrase] [American City] [Year]. Play along, it's fun. Here are some of my ideas: "Rockstar Quarrel Sacramento 1985", "Laser Frisbee Disco Detroit 1998", and "Greet My Monkey Dallas 1975". Last night we went out in the old town of Budva, which is enclosed by a stone wall and is populated by short stone buildings divided by impossibly narrow small paths. Today we started out by making hotel reservations for Mostar and buying our bus tickets. I then went to go on a boat ride out to Sveti Stefan and back. The aforementioned Sveti Stefan is one of the most picturesque spots on the whole coast, do yourself a favor and do a Google image search for it. It was nice being out on a boat again. couldn't help recalling that in the original plan I had in my bag when I left New York, we didn't have any firm plans to go to any waterside resort towns at all, now this our third one.

No comments:

Post a Comment